Microsoft – SQLServer – Database Mirroring Monitor – Error – Not Connected to <DB Server>
The “Database Mirroring Monitor” screen displays the status of the DB Mirroring Session between two DB nodes.
The first panel is the “Status” panel.
It contains the following columns:
- Server Instance
- Current Role –> Principal
- Mirroring State –> Synchronized
- Witness Connection
For each monitoring session, two records are displayed.
The first record is for the “Primary Node” and the second record is for the “Partner” node.
In some cases we have being getting “Not connected to <SQL Instance>” for the mirroring node.
To dig deeper, launched “SQL Server Profiler” and targeted the Partner Node.
In SQL Server Profiler, filtered on the following events:
- Errors and Warnings –> ErrorLog, EventLog, User Error Message
- Security Audit –> Audit Login Failed
When we trigger the “Database Mirroring Monitor” refresh and observe through SQL
Server Profiler, we captured the following events:
As such, it appears that we are failing when attempting to Login:
- The Login Account is <domain>\<login>
- Error ID is 184546
- Severity is 14
To correct :
- Connect to the Mirror partner
- Grant access to MS Windows AD Account sp_grantlogin <domain>\<login> ( exec sp_grantlogin <MYDOMAIN\steved>)
- Provision access with permission ( exec sp_addsrvrolemember <domain>\<login>, sysadmin)